I’ve published at github a new library that makes easier to develop android weather app providing a framework to get actual, forecast weather and much more.
The lib helps you to focus only on the app without worrying about details regarding:
- Remote service invocation
- HTTP request response handling
- Thread and ANR problems
- Search city by current geographics coordinates
- Search city by name pattern
- Weather provider protocol parser
- Retrieve weather icons
This is a library project that helps developers to create easily weather app without worrying about querying and extracting information from remote weather servers. It is very simple to use and you can easily extend it to support different weather provider or you can customize it according to your needs.
By now it supports two main weather provider: